Defense Law Firm Handles A Range Of Criminal Matters In Iowa
Stowers & Nelsen in Des Moines, Iowa, provides criminal defense services to people facing federal and state charges. We handle a wide range of criminal charges, including the following:
- Federal criminal defense: Our lawyers offer experienced and dedicated defense to people facing serious federal criminal charges. Stowers & Nelsen will zealously defend you or your loved one in federal court. In addition, our firm has substantial knowledge of the federal sentencing guidelines and the methods available for reducing the impact of convictions for federal crimes.
- State criminal defense: Stowers & Nelsen has the knowledge and experience to defend individuals facing state criminal charges. Our firm has experience defending such state charges as OWI/DUI, state drug charges, sex offenses, violent crimes (including assault, domestic violence, robbery and willful injury), firearm offenses, and robbery and theft.
- Drug crimes: It is common for other criminal charges and legal troubles to go along with drug offense charges (drug possession, drug trafficking or drug manufacture). Did law enforcement agents seize assets or accuse you of conspiracy or tax evasion in connection with your marijuana or cocaine charges? We will fight to get your charges reduced and proceed to defend you zealously in the face of any remaining charges.
- OWI: An operating while intoxicated (OWI) charge, also known as driving under the influence (DUI) in many other states, can affect a person’s finances, freedom and job. An OWI conviction can carry with it hefty fines, license suspension or even jail time. It takes a confident and experienced attorney in order to defend these charges and ensure that your rights are protected.
- White collar criminal defense: Lawyers at Stowers & Nelsen are dedicated to protecting the rights of people who have been charged with, arrested for or are under investigation for white collar crimes, including Internet crimes, often involving fraud. We handle health care fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, bankruptcy fraud, insurance fraud, immigration fraud and more.
- Trials: Attorneys Dean Stowers and James Nelsen have tried in excess of 30 jury trials throughout Iowa at the state and federal level. The firm tries complex cases arising from charges such as homicide, murder, drug offenses, firearm offenses, fraud, theft offenses, and child pornography.
- Appeals: Lead attorney Dean Stowers has argued more than 35 cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit. He has had numerous reversals and precedent-setting outcomes. Stowers & Nelsen also has remarkable experience in the preparation of petitions for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court. Let our firm bring experience and vigorous representation to your appeal.
Call or email our Des Moines area law offices regarding any criminal law matter.